Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Portions: 4-6 ppl
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 small red onion diced
2 garlic cloves minced
1 Tbsp finely minced ginger
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp each ground cumin & Garam Masala
1 tsp ground turmeric
1⁄4 tsp chilli flakes
1⁄2 tsp salt
1 3⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
1⁄4 Cup plain Greek low fat yoghurt
1⁄2 Cup water
- Add oil to the frying pan. When hot add onion, garlic, ginger and brown for a few minutes.
- Add cumin, garam masala, chilli flakes, turmeric and salt. Stir until fragrant (1 minute, being careful not to burn the spices).
- Stir in tomato paste and honey.
- Add chicken pieces and stir to coat.
- Add water and yoghurt and simmer covered over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and serve.
Butter chicken traditionally has full fat cream and butter in it, hence its name, which gives it a lovely thick and creamy consistency. This recipe, while missing the enormous amount of fat, still delivers on flavour but without the calories. I like to serve this with naan bread or basmati rice. Quinoa would also be a good substitute.
No guilt brownies! Made with healthy ingredients and lots of fibre. You will not taste the black beans – promise!
These squash pasta bowls are so easy to make and very nutrient dense. Spaghetti squash has a very stringy texture which mimics a spaghetti feel.
The recipe is going to be your go to for fresh crusty bread – no need to go to the bakery anymore!