Wheat Berry Salad
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 30-40 min
Portions: 4 ppl
- 1 Cup dried Wheat Berries (rinsed)
- 1 rib diced celery
- 1 diced green onion
- Handful chopped baby spinach
- ½ Cup chopped parsley
- 3 Tbsp dried cranberries
- ½ Cup roasted nuts (your pick)
- Zest of ½ med lemon
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- S&P to taste
- Cook wheat berries in 4 cups boiling water until al-dente. (30-40 minutes) Rinse & Drain.
- Toss wheat berries with remaining ingredients. Leave at room temperature for 1 hr before serving.
- Top with feta cheese or goat cheese when serving (suggested but not required)
Wheat berries can be found in the bulk section of your supermarket or bulk store. They are the entire edible part of the wheat kernel and considered “whole wheat” because they include the bran, endosperm and germ. They have a naturally chewy texture and are fibre rich. They do not require any soaking, however soaking overnight will reduce required cooking time.
North African Lamb Stew
This lamb stew is so easy to make, don’t be deterred by the amount of ingredients required. They add to the incredible warming flavours that make this recipe delicious and satisfying.
Black Bean Brownies
No guilt brownies! Made with healthy ingredients and lots of fibre. You will not taste the black beans – promise!
Spaghetti Squash Pasta Bowls
These squash pasta bowls are so easy to make and very nutrient dense. Spaghetti squash has a very stringy texture which mimics a spaghetti feel.