Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 30-40 min
Portions: 4 ppl
- 1 Cup dried Wheat Berries (rinsed)
- 1 rib diced celery
- 1 diced green onion
- Handful chopped baby spinach
- ½ Cup chopped parsley
- 3 Tbsp dried cranberries
- ½ Cup roasted nuts (your pick)
- Zest of ½ med lemon
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- S&P to taste
- Cook wheat berries in 4 cups boiling water until al-dente. (30-40 minutes) Rinse & Drain.
- Toss wheat berries with remaining ingredients. Leave at room temperature for 1 hr before serving.
- Top with feta cheese or goat cheese when serving (suggested but not required)
Wheat berries can be found in the bulk section of your supermarket or bulk store. They are the entire edible part of the wheat kernel and considered “whole wheat” because they include the bran, endosperm and germ. They have a naturally chewy texture and are fibre rich. They do not require any soaking, however soaking overnight will reduce required cooking time.
The recipe is going to be your go to for fresh crusty bread – no need to go to the bakery anymore!
This Asian-inspired slaw is crunchy and tangy. Would work nicely with a lean protein ontop like pork loin or chicken breast.
This lentil soup recipes is ready in 1 hour or less. It’s hearty, heart healthy and makes for a perfect meal on a cold winter day.