Hawaiian Fried Rice
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Portions: 4 ppl
3 cups of cooked rice (day old works best)
1 cup cooked diced pork
½ red bell pepper diced
½ small onion finely chopped
1 green onion finely chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp minced ginger
3 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sambal oelek
1 tsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro (for garnish)
¼ cup frozen peas
¼ cup raw or roasted unsalted cashews
- On medium heat add sesame oil to the frying pan.
- Add pork, onion and red pepper. Stir and cook til slightly brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger and green onion and continue cooking for 1 minute, being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add rice, olive oil and cashews and stir to combine.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, sambal oelek and stir to combine. Keep stirring ensuring the ice doesn’t burn but gets thoroughly coated in the sauce.
- Then add pineapple and peas and cook until they are heated through.
- Turn off heat, add cilantro and serve right away.
North African Lamb Stew
This lamb stew is so easy to make, don’t be deterred by the amount of ingredients required. They add to the incredible warming flavours that make this recipe delicious and satisfying.
Black Bean Brownies
No guilt brownies! Made with healthy ingredients and lots of fibre. You will not taste the black beans – promise!
Spaghetti Squash Pasta Bowls
These squash pasta bowls are so easy to make and very nutrient dense. Spaghetti squash has a very stringy texture which mimics a spaghetti feel.