Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: N/A
Portions: 5-6 ppl
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 3 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tsp honey
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp pepper
- ¾ tsp dried oregano
- 2 cloves minced fresh garlic
SALAD INGREDIENTS (in order from bottom of jar to top)
- 2 Tbsp dressing (for each pint sized mason jar)
- Extra firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- Red bell pepper, diced
- Cucumber, diced
- Sprouts (any fresh sprouts like alfalfa, pea, broccoli, etc)
- Sunflower seeds (shelled)
- Flat Leaf parsley, minced
- Romaine lettuce, chopped
*Be sure to wash all produce before use
- To make dressing: Blend all ingredients together. Dressing keeps for 1 week refrigerated.
- To remove the liquid from the tofu press tofu firmly with a heavy weighted object, like a cast iron pan. Wrap tofu in a paper towel or dish towel to absorb water.
- Layer salad ingredients in order of ingredients above (starting with dressing on the bottom and finishing with the lettuce on top)
- Seal and Refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Requires 5-6 pint sized Mason jars with lids.
Tofu can be used directly from the package or can be roasted/pan fried with a little bit of olive oil (my preference). Tempeh would also be a suitable sub for tofu.
No guilt brownies! Made with healthy ingredients and lots of fibre. You will not taste the black beans – promise!
These squash pasta bowls are so easy to make and very nutrient dense. Spaghetti squash has a very stringy texture which mimics a spaghetti feel.
The recipe is going to be your go to for fresh crusty bread – no need to go to the bakery anymore!