Tofu Salad in a Jar
A Message From Our Nutritionist
Tired of boring sandwiches for lunch? Here’s a great make-ahead, grab and go lunch. This can be prepared on Sunday and eaten throughout the week without getting soggy.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: N/A
Portions: 5-6 ppl
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 3 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tsp honey
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp pepper
- ¾ tsp dried oregano
- 2 cloves minced fresh garlic
SALAD INGREDIENTS (in order from bottom of jar to top)
- 2 Tbsp dressing (for each pint sized mason jar)
- Extra firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- Red bell pepper, diced
- Cucumber, diced
- Sprouts (any fresh sprouts like alfalfa, pea, broccoli, etc)
- Sunflower seeds (shelled)
- Flat Leaf parsley, minced
- Romaine lettuce, chopped
*Be sure to wash all produce before use
- To make dressing: Blend all ingredients together. Dressing keeps for 1 week refrigerated.
- To remove the liquid from the tofu press tofu firmly with a heavy weighted object, like a cast iron pan. Wrap tofu in a paper towel or dish towel to absorb water.
- Layer salad ingredients in order of ingredients above (starting with dressing on the bottom and finishing with the lettuce on top)
- Seal and Refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Requires 5-6 pint sized Mason jars with lids.
Tofu can be used directly from the package or can be roasted/pan fried with a little bit of olive oil (my preference). Tempeh would also be a suitable sub for tofu.
North African Lamb Stew
This lamb stew is so easy to make, don’t be deterred by the amount of ingredients required. They add to the incredible warming flavours that make this recipe delicious and satisfying.
Black Bean Brownies
No guilt brownies! Made with healthy ingredients and lots of fibre. You will not taste the black beans – promise!
Spaghetti Squash Pasta Bowls
These squash pasta bowls are so easy to make and very nutrient dense. Spaghetti squash has a very stringy texture which mimics a spaghetti feel.