Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 2.5 hr
Portions: 3 ppl
- 6 square cut bone-in beef ribs
- ⅓ Cup soy sauce
- ⅓ Cup honey or brown sugar
- ⅙ Cup mirin
- ⅙ Cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ Cup chicken stock
- 1 small onion
- 1 Tbsp garlic purée
- ½ peeled Asian pear
- 1 heaping Tbsp Korean pepper paste
- 2 tsp Korean pepper
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp ginger purée
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Salt and Pepper the beef. Brown beef in Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Puree all remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Add purée to browned beef, stir, cover and transfer to a preheated oven for 2 hrs.
- Increase oven temp after 2 hrs to 325 F and cook with lid off for the remaining ½ hr.
Korean pepper paste is also know as Gochujang. It can be found in the Asian section of many grocery stores. Korean pepper is not as spicy as regular hot pepper flakes, so if you are needing to substitute I would suggest only using 1 tsp.
This lamb stew is so easy to make, don’t be deterred by the amount of ingredients required. They add to the incredible warming flavours that make this recipe delicious and satisfying.
No guilt brownies! Made with healthy ingredients and lots of fibre. You will not taste the black beans – promise!
These squash pasta bowls are so easy to make and very nutrient dense. Spaghetti squash has a very stringy texture which mimics a spaghetti feel.