Indian Spiced Tomato Bisque
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Portions: 4 ppl
½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
¼ tsp Ground cumin
½ tsp Ground coriander
¼ tsp Ground turmeric
1 medium carrot
1 small cooking onion
2 cloves garlic
1 cup low salt chicken stock (or water)
1½ tsp honey
1 bay leaf
1 – 15 oz can diced tomatoes (no salt added)
½ tsp salt (or less to taste)
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan. Add spices (cumin, coriander, turmeric). Stir until fragrant.
- In a blender or food processor finely dice onion, garlic and carrot.
- Transfer to a saucepan and cook for 3-5 minutes to soften.
- Transfer the entire contents of the saucepan back into the blender. Add canned tomatoes and blend until smooth (1 minute).
- Transfer blender contents back to saucepan, add stock (or water), honey, salt (to taste) and bay leaf.
- Simmer on medium-low for 15-20 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Garnish with fresh cilantro and a dollop of sour cream or plain yoghurt.
North African Lamb Stew
This lamb stew is so easy to make, don’t be deterred by the amount of ingredients required. They add to the incredible warming flavours that make this recipe delicious and satisfying.
Black Bean Brownies
No guilt brownies! Made with healthy ingredients and lots of fibre. You will not taste the black beans – promise!
Spaghetti Squash Pasta Bowls
These squash pasta bowls are so easy to make and very nutrient dense. Spaghetti squash has a very stringy texture which mimics a spaghetti feel.