Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Portions: 4 ppl
½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
¼ tsp Ground cumin
½ tsp Ground coriander
¼ tsp Ground turmeric
1 medium carrot
1 small cooking onion
2 cloves garlic
1 cup low salt chicken stock (or water)
1½ tsp honey
1 bay leaf
1 – 15 oz can diced tomatoes (no salt added)
½ tsp salt (or less to taste)
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan. Add spices (cumin, coriander, turmeric). Stir until fragrant.
- In a blender or food processor finely dice onion, garlic and carrot.
- Transfer to a saucepan and cook for 3-5 minutes to soften.
- Transfer the entire contents of the saucepan back into the blender. Add canned tomatoes and blend until smooth (1 minute).
- Transfer blender contents back to saucepan, add stock (or water), honey, salt (to taste) and bay leaf.
- Simmer on medium-low for 15-20 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Garnish with fresh cilantro and a dollop of sour cream or plain yoghurt.
No guilt brownies! Made with healthy ingredients and lots of fibre. You will not taste the black beans – promise!
These squash pasta bowls are so easy to make and very nutrient dense. Spaghetti squash has a very stringy texture which mimics a spaghetti feel.
The recipe is going to be your go to for fresh crusty bread – no need to go to the bakery anymore!