Creamy Vegetable and Tofu Curry
A Message From Our Nutritionist
This recipe is Vegan and Gluten-free. Feel free to swap other vegetables of your liking, like cauliflower or white potatoes.
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Portions: 6 ppl
- ½ Cup raw cashews, soaked for 3-4 hrs (or preferably overnight)
- 1 blocked extra firm organic tofu,cubed
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (divided)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ tsp grated ginger
- 1 green or jalapeno chile, deseededand finely diced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 Tbsp mild yellow curry powder
- 1 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- 1 Cup frozen or fresh peas
- 1 ½ Cups water or vegetable stock
- Basmati rice, for serving
- Cilantro, for serving
- In a blender combine cashews with 3⁄4 cup water and blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Coat diced tofu in cornstarch and fry in 1 tbsp coconut oil until crispy. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add onions, garlic, ginger, chile and curry powder and sauté for 5 mins.
- Add in sweet potato, carrots, pepper, tomato, and salt. Saute for 5 more mins.
- Stir in the cashew cream, peas, water and tofu. Reduce heat to med-low and cover. Simmer for 20-30 mins, stirring regularly, until sweet potatoes are cooked through.
- Serve over basmati rice, if desired and sprinkle with cilantro.
This is one of those recipes that you don’t miss the meat in. It’s rich and chocked full of vegetables. I like to make vegetarian recipes, like this about once a week in our house. For some reason the flavours in Asian cuisine lend themselves perfectly to vegetarian cooking.
North African Lamb Stew
This lamb stew is so easy to make, don’t be deterred by the amount of ingredients required. They add to the incredible warming flavours that make this recipe delicious and satisfying.
Black Bean Brownies
No guilt brownies! Made with healthy ingredients and lots of fibre. You will not taste the black beans – promise!
Spaghetti Squash Pasta Bowls
These squash pasta bowls are so easy to make and very nutrient dense. Spaghetti squash has a very stringy texture which mimics a spaghetti feel.