Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 50-60 min
Portions: 4 ppl
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 inch knob of minced ginger
- 1 whole green chili, diced
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 whole large eggplant (roasted, peeled, diced/mashed)
- 1 lrg tomato chopped
- ½ diced onion
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ½ cup water
*Be sure to wash all produce before use
- Add oil to frying pan.
- Temper cumin seeds with turmeric, coriander, and salt.
- Add garlic, ginger, and onion until fragrant and lightly brown.
- Add tomato, chili, eggplant, and water.
- Cover and simmer on low for 20 minutes.
To roast the eggplant, place in the oven on a baking tray for 30-40 minutes (375 degrees F). Or, place direct on the gas stovetop on low and rotate until all skin is charred and the eggplant is softened. I prefer the latter method of fire-roasting the eggplant although it takes longer.
No guilt brownies! Made with healthy ingredients and lots of fibre. You will not taste the black beans – promise!
These squash pasta bowls are so easy to make and very nutrient dense. Spaghetti squash has a very stringy texture which mimics a spaghetti feel.
The recipe is going to be your go to for fresh crusty bread – no need to go to the bakery anymore!