Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: N/A
Portions: 8 ppl
For the Crust:
- 2 cups rice crisp cereal
- 3 Tbsp coconut palm syrup
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 4 tsp cocoa powder
For the Toppings:
- Banana soft serve (4 diced frozen bananas + 2 Tbsp peanut butter)
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, softened
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 4 tsp toasted sliced almonds
- 2 tsp chopped chocolate or cacao nibs
- 1 tsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- Line a pizza pan with parchment paper.
- Make the crust: In a large bowl mix cereal, coconut palm syrup, oil and cocoa powder. Then, spread onto pizza pan to make a 10” round crust.
- Using a piece of parchment paper, flatten out the crust. Freeze for 5-10 mins until firm.
- For Banana soft serve: In a food processor, blend 4 diced frozen bananas with 2 Tbsp peanut butter until smooth. Spread over the crust and return the pan to the freezer for 5-10 mins.
- For the Toppings: Melt chocolate chips with 2 tsp coconut oil. Stir until smooth.
- In a small bowl, stir together peanut butter, 1 tbsp coconut oil and maple syrup. Transfer to a plastic baggie and snip off the corner for piping.
- Drizzle melted chocolate, piping mix, sprinkle almonds, chopped chocolate and shredded coconut.
- Freeze for 5-10 mins.
This recipe is a fun activity to do with kids. It reminds me of making rice crispy squares with my mom when I was a child. In fact, I did this recipe with a group of girl guides at a local food kitchen several years ago. The beauty is in not trying to be too fussy with how the toppings go on – it’s supposed to look homemade! The banana layer really does taste like ice cream.
This lamb stew is so easy to make, don’t be deterred by the amount of ingredients required. They add to the incredible warming flavours that make this recipe delicious and satisfying.
No guilt brownies! Made with healthy ingredients and lots of fibre. You will not taste the black beans – promise!
These squash pasta bowls are so easy to make and very nutrient dense. Spaghetti squash has a very stringy texture which mimics a spaghetti feel.