A Message From Our Nutritionist
This enchilada sauce pairs with Black Bean Enchilada Recipe
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Portions: 2 Cups
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄4 tsp each ground oregano, salt, pepper
- pinch cinnamon
- 2 cups low salt vegetable broth
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
*Be sure to wash all produce before use
- Measure all dry ingredients together in a small bowl (flour, chilli powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, salt, pepper and cinnamon).
- In a small pot over medium heat, warm the oil until hot and sprinkle in dry ingredients
(from step 1) Wisk constantly for 1 minute. Wisk in the tomato paste, vinegar and slowly pour in the broth, stirring to remove any lumps
- Raise heat to med-high and bring the mixture to a simmer, then reduce to maintain a gentle simmer for 5-7 minutes, then remove from heat and leave covered until ready to assemble the enchiladas.
North African Lamb Stew
This lamb stew is so easy to make, don’t be deterred by the amount of ingredients required. They add to the incredible warming flavours that make this recipe delicious and satisfying.
Black Bean Brownies
No guilt brownies! Made with healthy ingredients and lots of fibre. You will not taste the black beans – promise!
Spaghetti Squash Pasta Bowls
These squash pasta bowls are so easy to make and very nutrient dense. Spaghetti squash has a very stringy texture which mimics a spaghetti feel.