Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20-25 min
¼ cup olive oil (not EVOO)
1 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal (fine or medium)
2 tsp baking powder
¾ cup sour cream
⅓ cup maple syrup or honey
zest of one lemon or ½ orange
¼ tsp salt
½ cup frozen cranberries chopped or cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit.
- Line muffin tins with baking cups.
- Mix all wet ingredients together, except for cranberries.
- In a separate bowl mix all dry ingredients together.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir until incorporated.
- If using frozen cranberries gently incorporate now and fill baking cups to ¾ full.
- If using cranberry jelly fill baking cups to ½ full. Add a teaspoon of cranberry jelly and then the rest of the muffin mix on top so that the muffins are ¾ full in the baking cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
I like to use leftover cranberry sauce from the holidays instead of it going to waste. I don’t buy canned cranberry sauce because I find the taste too sweet. I typically buy fresh cranberry and simmer them down with orange juice, orange zest and maple syrup to my desired consistency.
The recipe is going to be your go to for fresh crusty bread – no need to go to the bakery anymore!
This Asian-inspired slaw is crunchy and tangy. Would work nicely with a lean protein ontop like pork loin or chicken breast.
This lentil soup recipes is ready in 1 hour or less. It’s hearty, heart healthy and makes for a perfect meal on a cold winter day.