Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20-25 min
¼ cup olive oil (not EVOO)
1 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal (fine or medium)
2 tsp baking powder
¾ cup sour cream
⅓ cup maple syrup or honey
zest of one lemon or ½ orange
¼ tsp salt
½ cup frozen cranberries chopped or cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit.
- Line muffin tins with baking cups.
- Mix all wet ingredients together, except for cranberries.
- In a separate bowl mix all dry ingredients together.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir until incorporated.
- If using frozen cranberries gently incorporate now and fill baking cups to ¾ full.
- If using cranberry jelly fill baking cups to ½ full. Add a teaspoon of cranberry jelly and then the rest of the muffin mix on top so that the muffins are ¾ full in the baking cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
I like to use leftover cranberry sauce from the holidays instead of it going to waste. I don’t buy canned cranberry sauce because I find the taste too sweet. I typically buy fresh cranberry and simmer them down with orange juice, orange zest and maple syrup to my desired consistency.
This Asian-inspired slaw is crunchy and tangy. Would work nicely with a lean protein ontop like pork loin or chicken breast.
This lentil soup recipes is ready in 1 hour or less. It’s hearty, heart healthy and makes for a perfect meal on a cold winter day.
This is a healthy twist on Pesto Pasta using zucchini for the noodles and a toasted almond pesto sauce.