Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 40 min
Portions: 4 ppl
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
1 Tbsp chopped ginger
2 Tbsp Jamaican Curry powder
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
Pinch chilli flakes (to taste)
1 tsp salt
1 large potato peeled and diced in 1” cubes
8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, (cubed)
½ Cup chopped fresh or canned tomatoes
2 Cups chicken stock
Chopped cilantro (garnish)
- Add coconut oil to a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger and saute until slightly brown.
- Add chicken, curry powder, salt, chilli flakes, tomatoes and potatoes.
- Stir to combine seasonings.
- Add chicken stock, stir and cover.
- Simmer for 30-40 minutes covered, on low, stirring occasionally.
- Remove lid and reduce if there is any excess liquid
- Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.
This recipe contains very little added fat which is why I prefer to use boneless skinless thighs over breast. I would serve this with a green vegetable like beans or broccoli. The potato breaks down slightly to thicken the sauce so no additional thickening agents are required.
No guilt brownies! Made with healthy ingredients and lots of fibre. You will not taste the black beans – promise!
These squash pasta bowls are so easy to make and very nutrient dense. Spaghetti squash has a very stringy texture which mimics a spaghetti feel.
The recipe is going to be your go to for fresh crusty bread – no need to go to the bakery anymore!