Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Portions: 3-4 ppl
- 2 Cups enchilada sauce (recipe separate)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
½ red bell pepper, chopped
½ green bell pepper, chopped
Small clamshell of organic baby spinach
1 tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
⅛ tsp smoked paprika
⅔ Cup frozen organic corn
1 can drained and rinsed black beans (I like Yves)
1 Cup shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided
½ tsp salt, to taste
Pinch of pepper
6 large whole wheat tortillas
4 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Add onion, red and green peppers. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add corn and black beans and continue to sauté over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Combine in smoked paprika, cinnamon, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Add in baby spinach, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes until wilted.
- Toss in ¼ cup cheese and 2 Tbsp cilantro. Turn off heat.
- Coat bottom of oven proof dish with ½ cup enchilada sauce.
- Measure approx 1⁄2 cup of enchilada mixture onto each of the 6 tortillas and rollup.
- Lay seam side down in an oven proof dish.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake open for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Garnish with cilantro, sour cream and/or guacamole (optional). Serve immediately.
This recipe is adapted from Cookie and Kate. You can easily make it vegan by substituting in vegan cheese or omitting the cheese entirely. Conversely you can also add in/substitute cooked and diced chicken breast with or without the black beans.
This lamb stew is so easy to make, don’t be deterred by the amount of ingredients required. They add to the incredible warming flavours that make this recipe delicious and satisfying.
No guilt brownies! Made with healthy ingredients and lots of fibre. You will not taste the black beans – promise!
These squash pasta bowls are so easy to make and very nutrient dense. Spaghetti squash has a very stringy texture which mimics a spaghetti feel.